Adoption Hairstyles

I've learned a lot during this adoption process, I really have. One of the things I've learned is that when I am stressed and feeling like I am not in control of things in my life I change my hairstyle. Today, we will document the changes made during this adoption process. At another time, we will do a picture parade of the good the bad and the ugly hairstyles I have had in the last four years (no digital pictures before then). Okay, here we go - we began our adoption process in Nov. 2006

Okay, I have no pictures of myself for Nov. 2006, so this profile shot from Dec. 2006 will have to do. Not much of a style, but it is hair.

Let's move on...



Okay, this is Jan. 2007.
In all fairness, I never actually wore my hair this way, but this is what happens when you have daughters who are bored in the middle of January. I deserve credit for even posting this picture out here for the world to see, don't you think?


There were no pictures of me in February, but in March I found this beautiful picture of Chris (and I happen to be in it also). So, about now you're thinking what is she talking about, her hair is just getting longer and longer. Just wait, you will see what happens as the adoption wait goes on. We began waiting for our referral on Feb. 28, so my stress level is still pretty low in this picture.

Okay, once again, no photos of me in April so now we're up to May. That makes it month three of waiting. The stress is beginning to show. If we don't get a referral by June 15th we will have to wait through the Ethiopian court closure. It won't be long now before my hair starts doing weird things...

June 11 - all appears to be normal. Just four more days until court closure and the long wait until referrals start again in September....





AHHH! What happened??? By June 30, the trauma of the wait has begun to show on my hair! Eww!









Okay, this is what the hair looks like after many portages and no showers. Actually, I just wanted to show you that I can portage a canoe :)




September comes, September goes. Referrals have started again, but not for us, so the hair gets shorter (and darker too I might add). My hair is now shorter than Evan's!






November. It's been eight months of waiting. If we don't get a referral soon the only other hair option I will have is to shave it all off!? That style looks great on Chris, but I'm not sure I could pull it off. Thankfully, our referral came on Nov. 13th and all is stable in the hair department!

1 comment:

  1. Barb,I love it!Of course, to me you are ALWAYS beautiful long hair or short...even bald!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.