Doctor's Orders

My grandma had osteoporosis.  My mom has osteoporosis.  My oldest sister has osteoporosis.  See a trend here?

I'd really like to put off that diagnosis for myself for as long as possible.  Aside from a strong family history of the illness, I am a slender Caucasian woman who was anorexic when I was younger - all things that increase my likelihood of getting osteoporosis.

So, what's a gal to do to reduce her risk of osteoporosis?  Well, according to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases website I should be drinking my milk, not smoking or drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, and exercising.  I'm doing all those things.  Regarding exercise the NIAMSD website says "High-impact exercises may provide the most benefit. "

I can't think of any more high-impact exercise than jumping up an down, over and over again.  Wouldn't you agree?

Sooooooooo, my upcoming concert trips are JUST what the doctor ordered, don't you think?  I'm doing it for my HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.