Ready, Set, Go!

When I woke up at 5:45 and checked the current conditions, I was NOT happy to see a temperature of 77 degrees and humidity at 76%!  Not ideal running weather, to say the least, and the race wasn't going to start for another 2 hours.  To say they were brutal conditions would be accurate.

Nonetheless, off we all ran - me, Aidan, my sister Deb, her husband Peter, and her daughter Rachel.  The humidity was a killer...as was the glorious sunshine.  I'm a big fan of sunshine, just not while I'm running.  We survived.  We finished.  We're glad that's over!

All in all, I'm happy with my results.  I did a little better than last year, and finished 34/96 for women my age and 280/745 women overall.  I figure if I'm in the top half, I'll be satisfied.

Pre-race

Aidan finishing strong

Looking a little worse for the wear, and looking forward to our complimentary milkshakes.

Next race: Sept. 4 from the entrance gate to the barrier at the Xcel Center!  Gotta love those concert races!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.