$1/Meal

On my way home from the grocery stores today, I decided to figure out what meals cost around here.  I mean, I know what I spend in groceries each week, but I've never stopped to figure out what that translates to per each meal.

A little quick mental math: $160 ($102 at Aldi, $55 or so at Cub - I rounded for easier mental math, okay), 20 meals eaten at home in an average week.  This obviously amounts to $8/meal.  Then I figured that on average, I'm feeding eight people at each meal, so lo and behold - $1per person per meal!  

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. That is very impressive! How you make such tasty meals on that I can not figure out. God blessed you with a lot of cooking smarts!!! We average .59 cents a meal (sadley, not by choice) so we have mostly very very plain non exciting meals like beans and rice, eggs, peanut butter toast...you would not want to eat at my house but we would love to eat at yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you're amazing! That's all there is to it!! Do you have an Aldi by you? Massive savings, truly!!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.