The Family Photo

For most of my growing up years, there was a truly hideous family photo hanging on our wall.  I wish I had a copy of it to show you, but alas I don't.  It might help you to imagine it if I told you that polyester was the dominant feature....oh, and straight, long, stringy hair.

Anyway, now that I'm grown and have a family of my own, I can show you our own truly hideous family photo...

Aside from the fact that few of us are looking our best, the photographer was apparently having difficulty fitting us all in the frame, thus Raelea's and Zoe's floating heads.  As embarrassing as it is to admit, this gem did hang on our wall for a time.

There is one family photo that has been prominently displayed in our home for the past 14 years.   

Unlike the first photo, there's a story behind this one.  We had taken the three kids in to get their photos taken.  The photographer was making some adjustment to her camera which took a little bit of time.  While she was doing that, the kids were just sitting there bored.  Apparently while adjusting the camera, the photographer accidentally shot a candid picture, and this is what the kids were doing....
We fell in love with the picture because it so accurately caught each of the kids personalities, and so it will remain prominently displayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.