Scratch That

Last May I wrote a blog post about my theory of Minnesota weather.  My theory was that global warming was a myth, and here in Minnesota we were experiencing something called Seasonal Shift.  The theory was based on the fact that it was snowing in MAY.  Therefore, in my brain-of-limited-capacity, I determined that the seasons in Minnesota had in fact all shifted by two months.

The downside of this theory was that it was SNOWING in MAY, but the upside was that summer would linger gloriously into November.

Well, today, I would like to officially declare my theory a bunch of BUNK!  Lo and behold, it is not still warm and toasty here in Minnesota.  NO!  Instead, I woke up this morning to single digit temperatures, and we had snow on the ground last week!

Seasonal Shift is a myth!  There!  I've said it.

My new theory?

My new theory is that summer in Minnesota lasts approximately three weeks.  There is a week or two of fall and a week or two of spring and the rest of the year is WINTER.  Yes, that's 45 weeks of winter.  That pretty much sums it up.

Ponder that for awhile as I go bury my head in a down comforter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.