Overwhelmed

I'm feeling very overwhelmed this morning, but not in the usual despairing sort of way.  I am overwhelmed at God's faithfulness to me.

Those that know me well may have heard me say in the past, "If my children turn out to love Jesus and are a blessing to others it will be in spite of me not because of me."  I meant it.  Quite literally.  It was not just some religiousy thing to say, and it was not fishing for compliments.  I am a VERY flawed individual, and I am a very flawed parent.

Today, as I reflected on my three older kids, I can only give praise to God for what wonderful, Jesus-loving people they are.  I am quite amazed.  I was certain that I would ruin them!  Seriously!  They are not perfect, but they love Jesus.  They are giving, fun individuals.  I couldn't be happier!

So, thank you, Jesus, for doing your amazing work in them, in me, and in our family.  Thank you for redeeming my flawed efforts and my blatant failures and making something beautiful out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.