More Science Geekiness

I know I have mentioned them once before in my blog, but it's been over a year since I've said anything about Zooniverse.  Seriously, folks, if you lean at all towards science geekiness, you really should go check out their website.

What is Zooniverse?  Glad you asked.  It's a website that enlists normal people (I use that term loosely, btw) to assist in science research.  Here's how they describe their purpose -

The Zooniverse is home to the internet's largest, most popular and most successful citizen science projects. Our current projects are here but plenty more are on the way. If you're new to the Zooniverse, we suggest picking a project and diving in - the same account will get you into all of our projects, and you can keep track of what you've contributed by watching 'My Zooniverse'.

They have projects relating to space, climate, biology, nature, and humanities.  My personal favorite is Snapshot Serengeti, where you view photos taken by motion-activated cameras on the Serengeti.  You then identify what animals you see and what they are doing.  I've seen such cool things out there, like lions eating dead zebras and things like that.  How cool is that?  I actually find it strangely addicting!

Anyway, if your looking for a way to kill a little time and see some really cool stuff....and assist in science research, you should head over to zooniverse.org right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.