Super Powers

You may not know this about me, but I have a super power!  Even my kids just discovered this tonight.

You see, as we were driving home from church tonight, we were having an enthusiastic discussion about the topics they discussed in their Wednesday night classes - respect, sex, how to talk to girls, etc.  (I should mention the little kids weren't in the car at this time!)  Anyway, somehow the discussion came around to "who do you 'like'"

Molly painfully brought up the fact that she once told me who she liked and then (when she no longer 'liked' this person) I told someone her secret.  (Bad Mom!!!  It's okay, you can say it!)

Anyway, this produced quite the outcry in the car, with many children vowing that they would NEVER tell me who they liked!!!!  To which I responded...well, first I told them I would never share their secret while they still liked that person...but then I responded, "That's okay, I can tell who you like without you telling me!"

They were incredulous...and skeptical, to say the least.  So, one girl-child, who will remain nameless, chimes in, "Okay!  So who do I like right now???!!!"  *must be said in a rather cocky, you'll-never-get-this-right voice*

This is where it gets really good folks!  I confidently say, "Oh!  I know who you like right now!"  *pause for dramatic effect - and to try to remember the name* "You like __________"(name left out because I learned from my previous mistake)

Oh, the response was priceless!  From the backseat, I hear in a rather baffled and befuddled voice, "Uh....um....no...."

At that point I knew my super power was still intact!  Just the tone of her voice told me I had hit a bullseye!  She confessed, that, yes, I did indeed guess correctly.  And ever since then she has been badgering me, "How did you know???"  "Who else have I liked???"

Tee hee hee!  I'm not about to give away the secrets of my super power, but my children have a new respect for their mother's abilities!

2 comments:

  1. I love this story! Way to go, Barb! I knew you were a "super".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-). I really love that the "child in question" really didn't think I could do it!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.