Geeky Science Stuff

Rarely does my geekiness show more than when I am preparing to teach science at co-op.  I just get so excited about the interesting things I find out while doing lesson prep!

Here's today's bit of geeky science information -

The USGS (US Geological Survey) has a page  that tells you how many 5.0 magnitude or greater earthquakes there have been in the past week.  Did you know that in the past seven days there have been 31 earthquakes around the world that measured 5.0 or greater?  Of those, eight have been in Japan and seven have been in Mexico.

Fascinating stuff!

I love the USGS website!  There is also a page that shows you the location of 1.0 or greater earthquakes in the US in the past seven days.  Not a single one in Minnesota, I'll have you know, but it looks like my Tennessee friends have had a couple.  Oh, and it looks like one in Missouri and one in Arkansas...and of course, bunches of them out on the west coast.

As long as we're talking about great science websites, you really should hang out at the NASA website as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.