Mental Health Holiday

Today, I enjoyed a mental health holiday courtesy of my sweet husband.  It was either a mental health holiday or there was going to be a mental health crisis :-)

So what did I do on my day off from life?

Well, I slept until 9:20.  Didn't get out of my pajamas until 10:45.  Enjoyed my quiet time outside in the sun.  Went to a long lunch with my dear friend Tami.  Ran a few errands.  Went home and worked out.

All the while, Chris did school with the kids and handled ALL issues that arose during the day :-)  He even did the laundry!

What a great day!

And tomorrow it's back to the old grind...up at 5:30 to go grocery shopping...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I was not smart enough to take a mental health day before there was a mental helth crisis! I had the crisis then took the mental health 'run away' few days a couple weeks ago! I felt kind of refreshed but yet I think it made me want a few more mental health days after I got back.

    I hope you have a great refreshed Saturday!!!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I can relate! I did have a couple crises before the holiday...thus the declared holiday. Sometimes you just need time to stay above water and catch your breath. :-). I hope you are doing well now. Would love to talk to you about some adoptions things sometime.

      Delete
  2. I need to make it a point to take mental health days more often as well. I tend to wait until I am right on the edge before I take a day for myself. Not good for anyone. what a sweet husband for taking everything over for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cindy, I think we all wait too long and then it's not good :-). Parenting/teaching is grueling sometimes!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.