It Would Be Easier If....

You could just tell your teenager what they should do and they would do it!

Okay, I've said it before and I'll say it again, that I really do like having teenage children.  They are very fun and funny, much of the time; it is a joy to watch them grow into their own people.  It is wonderful to watch them mature and discover.

HOWEVER, it is also very frustrating because they are no longer at an age where you can just tell them what they should do and they say, "Okay, Mom."  So, when you see them making less than mature choices, you're limited in what you can do.  Really the only option is to reason with them, which, if any of you have tried to reason with a teenager before, you know is a rather difficult proposition, since teenagers are not necessarily known as creatures of good reasoning.

Complicating the matter of course is the fact that my desires and goals for my teenager may not be his/her goals and desires.  Hmm, there I just need to learn to LET IT GO!  Easier said than done, I'm finding.

Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.