I Love My YMCA

Since I use my blog to let you know when organizations are NOT living up to my expectations, I thought I would also use it to let you know when people or organizations are EXCEEDING my expectations.

So, today, I would like to publicly thank the aquatics department at my local YMCA, specifically Sarah, Mackenzie and Molly.  Molly is Marcus' teacher and she so much enjoys teaching my son that it is a blessing to me.

Sarah is the aquatics director ( I think that's her title), anyway, she has gone out of her way several times to make lessons and times work for the kids and me.  She so genuinely wants my kids to succeed in learning to swim and I really appreciate that.  Recently she made sure that Raelea had the same teacher from session to session because she knew Raelea needed the continuity to succeed.

Lastly, I want to thank Mackenzie who is Raelea's teacher.  Prior to starting lessons with Mackenzie, Raelea was terrified of the water - as in "cling to the wall as if your very life depended on it and don't let go now matter what" sort of terrified.  Because of Mackenzie's willingness to do whatever it takes to help Raelea feel more comfortable in the water, Raelea is now floating on her back all by herself and putting her whole face in the water.

Anyway, thank you to all the folks at the YMCA, you all are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.