13 Days

I can put up with anything for 13 days, including subzero temperatures and MORE snow!  In 13 days, we will pile into our van and drive and drive and drive and drive.  Twenty-two hours later, we will pile out of our van and hear the lovely sound of the surf!

Then for a week thereafter, I will write blissful blog posts while lounging on a deck and watching dolphins frolic in the formerly pristine Gulf.  I will awake in the morning to the sound coming through my open window of the waves crashing on the shore.  I will walk barefoot on the beach while finding beautiful sand dollars and seashells.  I will eat shrimp caught fresh that day and sip lemonade to cool down.  I will swim in the pool while listening to the seagulls calling each other.

The words below and zero will only be found together in sentences like, "I have zero things to do today, so I am going below for a swim."

The words wind and chill will unite like this.  "I hope the wind chills the balmy temperatures a bit."

And ice and cold will be found in sentences like, "I am hot and would like an ice cold lemonade about now."

The only white I will see for a whole week is the long stretch of white sand and all shoveling will involve building sand castles.  Actually, I will also have to see my white legs as well, but they won't remain white for long.

My vitamin D levels will rise to normal levels.  My feet will see the light of day again.

Ah, I can put up with this cold and snow for 13 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.