I've been blogging for 3 1/2 years now. It's hard to come up with new and interesting blog posts after all this time. What don't you already know about me? I've blogged about laundry and haircuts, toenail fungus and ringworm. I've shared some of my trials and almost all of my triumphs with you. I've embarrassed myself in writing and in pictures too many times to count.
So, this morning, as I was sitting on the couch reading my Bible I looked over to the corner of our living room and saw this....
We have games for three year olds, games for adults, and every age in between! Sometimes we have an adult version of a game and the junior version as well.
Here is a list of MY personal favorite games to play: (in no particular order)
- Scrabble (always a favorite)
- Rummikub (for days when I am more into numbers than words)
- Blokus or Qwirkle (for days when numbers AND words are just too much for me)
- Pillars of the Earth (for days when I want my oldest son to play a game with me)
- Zingo or S'Match (when I want my youngest children to play a game with me)
- Dread Pirate (when I'm feeling a little like hoarding treasures and stealing things - it happens more than you'd think)
Other games that I like would include:
- Pandemic (when I feel like saving the world)
- Killer Bunnies (when I feel like destroying those around me)
- Spinners (for mindless fun with dominoes)
So, if you are ever thinking of buying a game and are wondering, "Is this a good game to buy?" Feel free to ask me. Chances are VERY good that we already own it and I would be happy to give you a review of the game :-)
Lest you think that the two pictures represent ALL the games in our household, think again. There are games under the couch, at the foot of Evan's bed and in other vague recesses of the house as well :-)