Rocks and Red, White & Blue

Happy (belated) 4th of July!  I hope you and yours enjoyed celebrating our country's freedom.

We spent the weekend at the cabin, which, in my opinion, is the perfect place to be on a hot July weekend :-)  But, all play and no work, well, that just doesn't happen at the cabin, so we started off our weekend with repairing the riprap.  It hasn't been done in 20+ years, so it was about time.  As you will soon see, it looks SO much better now :-)

Here's a little photo walkthrough of the process..

Here's what it used to look like (although this isn't the section that we were working on this weekend).

..
First, you have to remove many tons of rocks...

Then you remove the old plastic and smooth out the area.  After 20 years of ice, etc. pushing against the rocks it was badly misshapen.

Once it meets Dad's approval, the new plastic is laid down and the many tons of rocks are replaced :-)
Doesn't it look lovely?  Now, hopefully we won't have to do that again for another 20 years.
Once the rocks were done, I decided to do my nails for the 4th, although upon completion I think it looked more like I was advertising for Pepsi.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I wanna be like you when I grow up...able to raise 8 kids and still have time to paint your nails 3 different colors.

    I haven't had the time to even paint mine one color in months.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caryn,the key is to paint the kids' nails too! Then it's a family project :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.