Well, That Was Lovely!

"That" being the Sting concert last night.  He performed with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra as his "back-up band."  So much talent on one stage.  It really was exquisite.

For those of you that don't know, I have been a Sting fan for, oh, about three decades.  The very first concert I ever went to was to see The Police.  I must have been about 13 or 14 at the time and went with my sister Kathy and her boyfriend (now husband) Doug.  I believe A Flock of Seagulls opened for them (now there's a flashback!).  I know I saw The Police at least one more time in concert (maybe two, it was SO long ago, I don't even remember).  I loved the music then and I love his (Sting's) music now.

This was decidedly different than a Police concert though as most of it was enjoyed sitting down and  the median age of the crowd had to be somewhere in their 40's.  But, oh, the singing was lovely.  I just love his voice and he is certainly a very talented song-writer.

Okay, I'll stop gushing now...let's just say I'm glad I went.

Thanks, Chris, for taking me out on this date :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.