Today's Lesson

It's good to learn something new every day and as a homeschool mom I feel like it's my duty to teach my kids something whenever and wherever the opportunity presents itself.  Well, today we drove to Winona to do the Steamboat Days parade and then it was off to LaCrosse to enjoy an afternoon with some band friends.  Driving through south eastern MN affords the opportunity to talk about glaciation and other geological facts.  We also talked about the locks and dams on the Mississippi.  You know, normal homeschool stuff.

Well, then there was that wonderful opportunity to teach the kids how to respectfully and remorsefully talk to a state trooper when you are caught speeding on a lovely stretch of highway south of Winona.  They learned valuable lessons like: always have your driver's license with you, carry proof of insurance in your car and the ever important, thank the nice officer for letting you get off with only a warning.

It was a highly educational day for my kids.

3 comments:

  1. This happened to me recently.....and it's a bit embarassing to have to explain to your husband that you were pulled over by one of his colleagues... (one time I got pulled over on the way to CHURCH! Pat was already there....I sheepishly told him that "Trooper Fish sends his greetings...." fun. (rolleyes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can see how it would be extra embarrassing for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time we came to your house I was pulled over by one of Dakota County's officers. He was very nice, cuz I was teaching my young adults and granddaughter the same lessons you were teaching! I am glad the southeastern officers are as nice as the city officers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.