Homemade Egg Noodles

I've had a few requests for my homemade noodles, so here is the recipe. I'm sure you could find the exact same recipe in almost any older recipe book, as it is the same recipe my grandma used (I think)

Homemade Noodles
1 beaten egg
2 Tbs. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup flour

In a mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, and salt.  Stir in enough of the flour to make a stiff dough. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

On a floured surface roll dough into a 16x12 inch rectangle. Let stand 20 minutes.  At this point I use a pizza cutter and cut it into noodles (the size is completely up to you)  Spread noodles out and let dry on a rack or waxed paper for about 2 hours. Drop noodles into a large amount of boiling water. Cook, uncovered 10 minutes or until done. Makes about three cups.

There you have it!  I usually triple or quadruple the recipe for our family and any guests that happen to be around

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.