Not All Puppies, Rainbows and Unicorns

Some weeks are harder than others, for sure.  This past week has been such around here.

On Thursday, Molly's car pretty much self-destructed.  We ended up having to replace both front tie rods, the radiator, the fan and a ball joint thingy (I am so not a car expert, but it all sounded bad!)

On Saturday morning, Chris got a call that his older brother Shannon committed suicide after a lifelong struggle with alcoholism and depression.

On Sunday, our Ridgeline was in an accident.

It was just one thing after another all weekend :(

Yet, through it all, God has shown himself faithful and good!  The PT Cruiser imploded at the Mall of America and not on a freeway, so Molly and Nina were both safe and unharmed.  Likewise, no one was injured in the accident on Sunday.

Even in Shannon's death, God has shown himself as a comforter.  Truthfully, for many years we have been expecting to receive a call that Shannon had died.  As sad as it sounds to those outside the situation, we are thankful that he didn't die homeless on the streets, but was living with caring people at the time of his death.

As I read Psalm 94 this morning I was comforted by these words, "When I thought, 'My foot slips,' your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."    -Psalm 94:18,19

So despite the difficulties in which we currently live, we are hopeful and full of peace because God is just as much God in affliction and difficulty as He is when everything is puppies and rainbows.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your hardships, especially Shannon's passing. Praying for God's peace and healing to embrace you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Shannon. I totally understand about your expecting to get the call sometime about Shannon's death. It was like that with my dad, as well. Seeing someone we love destroyed by addiction and depression is so so very heart wrenching. I am glad the girls are safe. Thanks for the Facebook messaging convo the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.