Big and Little Things

I woke up this morning with a thought; it was as though someone had spoken it in my ear.  Since Chris is out of town, I am quite certain that no one said it aloud, but it was there just the same.

God is the God of the universe.
He is the God of your home.

He is God of the infinite and unknowable.
He is God of the finite and familiar.

That's it.  That was the thought put in my head just before I awoke.

This set me on a path of thinking how sometimes I struggle to remember that God is in control of the big things in life: Will my children turn out okay? Who will they marry? What will I be doing in ten years?  Things like that.

But sometimes, and probably more often, I struggle with remembering God is in control of the little things in life: Why are we having so many car problems? Where is that library book? What should I do today?

Not sure why the thought came to me this morning. Maybe big, weighty events will occur today. Certainly little, seemingly insignificant things will occur. Either way, I think remembering that God is there and in control will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.