I Am Weak

I had one of my children tell me the other day, "You are a weak person, Mom," and she wasn't referring to my physical ability.  While her jab stung quite a bit, I could only respond, "Yes, I am."

I've been thinking a lot about her words since that day.  I am weak.  I feel weak much of the time.  When I was younger, I used to feel like I had everything under control.  I could handle anything that came my way.  I had it all together.  The older I've gotten, the more I see that I CAN'T handle everything that comes my way, I don't have nearly as much control as I had thought, and I certainly don't have it all together.

My prideful self doesn't like this feeling of weaknesses.  I want to be the one who does it all.  The one who doesn't let things bother her.  The one who jumps right back up after getting knocked down.  Truth be told,  I'm not any of those things.

As I grapple with my inabilities, my insecurities and my failures, I keep coming back to this truth though -

Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient to you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.                - 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

HIS grace is sufficient, it's enough for me.  I don't need to be strong.

In my weakness, the power of Christ rests upon me!

For the sake of Christ, not for my own sake, I can be content with my weaknesses.

Yes, I am weak........and because of that, not in spite of that, I am strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.