Happy Father's Day!!!

I'm so thankful for the Dad God gave me!  I appreciate him every day, but I will be more specific and public in my appreciation today.



My dad has given me so much -
  1. Most importantly, unconditional love. He loves me even when he doesn't agree with me, which is most of the time if we're talking politics. He taught me that I can love people I don't agree with.
  2. An appreciation for a good conversation. I can always count on discussing thought-provoking topics when I'm around him.
  3. An incredible appreciation for history.  The man is like a walking history book.  If you have a history question, he's the guy to ask.
  4. A dry sense of humor - he is one of the funniest guys I know.
  5. An appreciation for a good debate - although we frequently take opposite sides in any debate, I appreciate his joy in a good verbal sparring.
  6. An appreciation for a job well done - if you're going to do the job, do it excellently - I honestly don't know of anyone who works so hard - (And, Dad, most 80 year olds do not get up on the roof to sweep the leaves off....just so you know that!  We really can do that for you, you know!)
  7. He is an endless servant.  Anytime we need help with any project, Dad's there...tool belt strapped on and ready for a day's work.  
  8. His persevering attitude.  I know very few people who could face a lung cancer diagnosis and subsequent surgeries with as much bravery and courage as he did. There was never any self-pity, just determination to beat that thing - and he did!
  9. An appreciation for a well-kept yard.  I can't keep up with you, Dad, in this area, but I do certainly admire a well-done yard!
  10. He also gave me a really high metabolism, which in the grand scheme of things is quite insignificant, but I really appreciate it, nonetheless!
I LOVE YOU, DAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.