I Am Blessed

I've been thinking a lot this week about things I can't see. 

I sometimes battle with discouragement and find it difficult not to lose hope.  Some days (like Monday, for instance), the things that I see (experience) are discouraging, to say the least.   I look at life; I look at situations; I look at circumstances, and I lose hope that anything good will come of it all.  Then I remember verses like 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For this light and momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Or 2 Corinthians 5:7, that reminds me that life here and now is "walking by faith, and not by sight." 

What I've come to discover is that my sight is much keener than my faith.  It's a theme that keeps popping up in my life in the past few months - my faith is not as strong as I need it to be.

Today, though!  Today, I feel SO blessed!  I had the inestimable privilege of spending two whole hours with my dear friend Sylvia.  Sometimes, it is people who are seen that point us to "things unseen."  Sylvia is like that.  She loves Jesus with her whole heart, and she loves me.  I spent two hours at Panera with a dear friend, and I left filled with visions of the eternal!  I am so, so blessed!  I am even more blessed in that here are several other people in my life that do the same thing.  That I should have a husband, children and friends that all point me to Jesus....yikes!  I think I might be the richest lady alive!

I hope you all, dear blog buddies and Facebook friends, have people in your life who point you to the eternal things. If you do, I encourage you to cherish them as something of more value than gold, and I encourage you to let them know how much you treasure them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.