Happy Mother's Day!

I really never appreciated my own mom properly until I became a mom myself.  Truth be told, I just took her for granted.  Mom was mom. She was there for me whenever I needed her, it was expected.

Now that I'm a mom, I realize that that "being there" meant not being somewhere else.  She loved me when I wasn't very lovable (read - from age 12 to 17).  She taught me about life, not in long lectures and sermons, but in letting me observe her doing life.  She taught me I could be/do anything I set my mind to. 

She taught me calculus and physics.

She taught me how to portage a canoe, and that I can continue to portage canoes on into my 70's.

She taught me how to laugh at life.

And she taught me how to love.
I love you, Mom!  I am so blessed to be your daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. We would love to hear from you!

Friday Fotos

 It was a good week.